OASIS® Grower Solutions Bonded Media Plug Engineered for cutting and seed propagation
Terra Plug is a bonded media manufactured using a unique horticultural-‐friendly patented technology. With this technology, a wide variety of media may be used. The Terra Plugs are made by loose filling the propagation trays and stabilizing the media. The customizable Terra Plug and tray designs make the sorting and grading of rooted plugs compatible with our customers’ specific propagation processes to make potting easy, whether manually or with automatic transplanters.
Best for (crops): cuttings and seeds
Available in 3 blends
Terra Plug Mix 1: Standard drainage blend
Terra Plug Mix 2: High drainage blend
Terra Plug Mix 3: Very High drainage blend*
Note: Terra Plug Mix 1 and Mix 2 can be used interchangeably depending on the location, season, and greenhouse conditions.
Features and Benefits
- Easy transplant extraction from trays
- Keeps original structures of the media fibers to provide optimal air/water porosity
- Fast and uniform rooting with development of strong fibrous root system
- Uniform density within the plug, allowing rooting throughout the media from top to bottom
- Ready-to-use plugs with ideal moisture content
- Bonding technology allows for customized sizing of plugs
- Early transplant, even before the plants are well rooted
- Does not shrink
- Easy to re-water
- Made for automated processes
Properties of Terra Plug
- pH and Electrical Conductivity (mS/cm)
- Total Porosity: Percent total pore space on a volume basis (v/v).
- Air Porosity: Percent volume of drainable pore space on a volume basis (v/v).
- Water Holding Capacity: Percent moisture on a volume basis (v/v) after saturation and drainage.
- Moisture Content: Percent moisture on a weight basis
|Terra Plug |
|1: Standard Mix||5.4 - 5.9||0.4 - 0.6||88||8||80|
|2: High Drainage||5.4 - 5.9||0.4 - 0.6||84||9||75|
|3: Extra High Mix**||5.4 - 5.9||0.4 - 0.6||80||10||70|
Standard Drainage Mix
- Best water holding capacity of the mixes
- Best for most of crops (seed or vegetative cuttings) that dry out faster due to high temperatures during propagation
High Drainage Mix
- Intermediate blend
- For seed or vegetative cuttings that dry out slower as a result of lower temperatures during propagation
- For crops that prefer moderately dry conditions in the root zone
- Best for crops: begonias, some succulents, woody crops etc.
Extra High Drainage Mix*
- For crops that prefer much drier conditions in the root zone
- Best for crops: anthurium, bromeliads, succulents, woody crops etc.
*Only available in Europe